Candle Testing and Safety
For over two decades the S-E-A candle testing laboratory has been conducting candle fire safety and performance testing for manufacturers and retailers. The candle laboratory recently moved into a new state-of-the-art candle testing facility specifically designed to accommodate the multiple forms of candles in the marketplace.
This facility contains two large burn areas each with sophisticated HVAC systems that maintain space temperatures between 70ºF and 80ºF. In addition the rooms can be balanced to have air introduced from either the floor or ceiling level with minimal draft to accommodate client specific testing protocols. Between the two burn areas the laboratory can test up to 3,600 candles in a day. Given that the burn rooms operate 21 hours per day, 7 days per week the laboratory can process and turn around samples in a short period of time thus getting data to our clients in the shortest period of time possible.
- ASTM F2417 – Standard specification for Fire Safety for Candles
- ASTM F2179 – Standard Specification for Annealed Soda-Lime-Silicate Glass Containers That Are Produced for Use as Candle Containers
- ASTM F2601 – Standard Specification for Fire Safety for Candle Accessories ASTM F2058 –Standard Specification for Candle Fire Safety Labeling review
- ASTM F2326 – Standard Test method for Collection and Analysis of Visible Emissions From Candles as They Burn
- NIOSH 1500 and 1501 Air sampling and analysis for hydrocarbons
- NIOSH 5515 Air sampling and PAH analysis by Gas Chromatography
- Percent fragrance concentration determination in candles
- Flash and Fire Point determination of candle systems and fragrances utilizing ASTM methodologies
- US CBP methods, 34-14, 34-15 and 34-16 accredited
- Percent Paraffin Wax Concentration in Candles
- Lead Analysis of Wicks and Coating
- Failed Candle Evaluations
- Client Specific Testing Available as Requested